Code of conduct
SXC2020 is dedicated to providing an enjoyable, respectful and harassment-free event experience for everyone attending regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form and we expect all participants to conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner.
Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference, without a refund, at the discretion of the conference organizers. We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal or written comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Subtitling of presentations will be available in real time. We are in the process of looking at services that can provide live text captioning.
Sustainability is important to us. We take responsibility in all our decision-making and work to make a positive contribution to the environment. We climate-compensate travel and equipment that make the conference possible.